Single and multiple non-power-assisted outboard engine applications up to 350 hp for singles (700 hp for counter-rotating twins). Patented “Pivot” design allows independent engine tilt in dual engine installations.
SeaStar Outboard Hydraulic Steering offers three models of steering cylinders to suit most applications. The standard and most commonly used model is the Front Mount Steering Cylinder HC5345/47/48/58. Before ordering it is necessary to determine the best possible application for your boat, taking into account the hull design, speed and usage of the boat. Keep in mind that engines today have become larger, more powerful and heavier than in the past.
- Kit includes: Helm, Cylinder, tubing, oil.
- Patented No FeedBack™ Steering lock valves.
- Low friction hydraulic steering system.
- 5 turns from lock-to-lock (single cylinder).
- Compact helm has only a 4-7/16” foot print needs only 3” dash hole (Tilt requires larger hole).
- Tilt option available.
- Available either as separate components or as a complete system ready to install.
- Standard 3/4” tapered steering shaft.
- Various alternative helm and cylinder combinations available (details available on request).
- Multiple engine applications require the use of a tie bar (details available on request).
- HYDRAULIC HOSES NOT INCLUDED; ORDER SEPARATELY.